So let me guess. You probably take great care of your body (when you have time). You go to the gym or move your body at yoga class, on a bike or by walking or jogging a couple of times a week. You’re probably also mindful of proper nutrition, and there’s a good chance that you see your dentist, doctor, optometrist, hair stylist, and nail tech regularly, too.
You take such good care of yourself whenever possible, so why wouldn’t you make sure your vision is as clear as it can possibly be?
Laser and refractive eye procedures such as LASIK, Visian ICL, SMILE, KAMRA inlay, RLE, and LRI are becoming just as popular among adults in St. Louis as getting braces is for teenagers. The technology is remarkably advanced, and there are now solutions available for people who have been told that LASIK is not an option.
Why would you not want to correct your vision? Here are the Top 5 reasons we can think of:
5. You like paying for contact lenses and glasses. If you add up the cost of your contact lenses, lens solution, prescription glasses and prescription sunglasses, you’ll see that those dollars really add up. Over a lifetime, even if you didn’t begin to have vision problems until your 40s, you’ll still likely spend more on glasses and contacts than you will on LASIK or laser eye surgery, and you’ll have far less hassle.
4. You like that early-morning blurriness. There’s nothing like those first few moments of waking awareness in the morning. The birds are singing. The flowers are reaching toward the sun’s first rays. Those you love are beginning to awaken. And you can’t see any of it because you don’t have your glasses on or your contacts in.
3. You like that every outfit takes on that “librarian” look. There’s nothing like consistency, right? It doesn’t matter if you’re wearing Nikes and lycra or a little black dress; add a pair of glasses, and you automatically look like a hip librarian. Every. Single. Day.
2. You need an excuse to miss workouts. Sure, you’d like to post your gym and swim routine on Facebook, but running in glasses is nearly impossible, and you can’t wear contacts in the pool. Too bad, Strava. Sorry, muffin top. It’s just not in the cards.
1. Instant gratification is not your thing. Many of the corrective procedures offered by Brinton Vision result in better-than-ever eyesight and permanent results by the very next day. Who wants that when you can squint and fuss over your vision for decades to come?
If you’re ready to see all that life has to offer without glasses or contacts getting in your way, the answer may be right in front of your eyes. Brinton Vision in Creve Coeur, Missouri is the only laser and refractive eye care center in the state to offer all seven state-of-the-art solutions. Even if you have been told you can’t have LASIK, there are often options that will work for you. After all, no two eyes are alike, so it makes sense that there is no one-size-fits-all solution.
You are unique and so are your eyes. If you’re ready to lose your glasses and embrace all life has to offer, call Brinton Vision at 314.375.2020 or schedule your consultation online. There is a whole world out there to enjoy, and you’ll see the difference.
If you are considering LASIK in St. Louis, it’s good to know your eyes are in the best hands. St. Louis LASIK surgeon Dr. Jason P. Brinton, MD is an internationally recognized specialist in the field of refractive surgery. He is a graduate of Harvard College, earned his medical doctorate from the Harvard Medical School, and is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He has been inducted to America’s Top Ophthalmologists by the Consumer Research Council of America, Leading Physicians of the World by the International Association of Healthcare Professionals, and Top Doctors in America by Castle Connolly. In 2015, he received global recognition as the recipient of the Visian ICL Young Ophthalmologist Award in Barcelona, Spain, and in 2016 was named Ocular Surgery News’ Premier Surgeon 300 Innovators in Refractive Cataract Surgery. He is a dedicated husband, father of four beautiful children, and is passionate about his life, his work, and service to others.