LASIK and other laser eye surgery procedures are life-changing. If you’ve lived with the hassle of glasses or contacts, you know that the idea of waking up in the morning and seeing the world around you with crisp, clear vision is more than a little exciting.
Before you make an appointment for LASIK in St. Louis, Missouri, there are a few questions you should ask yourself. After all, laser vision correction is a medical procedure that shouldn’t be taken lightly.
- Am I going to miss my glasses and contacts? Think hard about this one. Some people are simply not ready to end the fun of having glasses slide down their noses or fog up at the most inopportune times. Other people love the time they spend messing with their contact lenses, not to mention the increased risk for infections that contact lenses offer.
- Do I enjoy paying for glasses and contact lenses? You may be surprised to know that, despite the initial cost of laser vision correction, you’ll almost always save money in the long run. (Here’s a calculator to help you determine your long-term cost.) If saving money isn’t your thing, LASIK may not be for you.
- Do I want to take control of my vision health? The best LASIK surgeons in St. Louis and across the country will invest time and technology into making sure you are a candidate for laser vision correction. At Brinton Vision, we are proud to have seven different state-of-the-art diagnostic technologies under one roof. Even if our comprehensive Brinton Vision Ocular Analysis results in the discovery that you are not a candidate, we will give you the information you need to take control of your vision health.
- Is this an investment I’m willing to make? Really, the better question here is, Am I willing to live life without clear, natural vision? LASIK and other laser vision correction procedures do come with a cost, but with no interest, low monthly payments available, seeing clearly is within reach for most people.
- Am I willing to accept that there is hope, despite many conditions like presbyopia, astigmatism, previous eye surgery, or severe vision challenges? Many people have been told that they are not candidates for laser vision correction because of these conditions. In today’s world, thanks to science and technology, those assumptions are often wrong. The trick is finding an ophthalmologist who is knowledgeable of and who has invested in the technology to provide LASIK plus all six modern variations. In most cases, there are solutions.
Life is full of lighthearted moments, but there is nothing funny about missing out on them because of poor vision. To find out if you are a candidate, let Brinton Vision help. For LASIK in St. Louis, call 314.375.2020, or visit our website to schedule a comprehensive Brinton Vision Ocular Analysis. We look forward to helping you take the next step toward visual freedom!
St. Louis LASIK surgeon Dr. Jason P. Brinton, MD is an internationally recognized specialist in the field of refractive surgery. He is a graduate of Harvard College, earned his medical doctorate from the Harvard Medical School, and is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He has been inducted to America’s Top Ophthalmologists by the Consumer Research Council of America, Leading Physicians of the World by the International Association of Healthcare Professionals, and Top Doctors in America by Castle Connolly. In 2015, he received global recognition as the recipient of the Visian ICL Young Ophthalmologist Award in Barcelona, Spain, and in 2016 was named Ocular Surgery News’ Premier Surgeon 300 Innovators in Refractive Cataract Surgery. In 2017, he was named in Top Doctors in St. Louis. He is a dedicated husband, father of four beautiful children, and is passionate about his life, his work, and service to others.