One of the questions patients ask is why we don’t offer discounts, coupons, guarantees, or free exams or consultations for LASIK in St. Louis. The United States Food & Drug Administration has some sage advice on this:
“Be wary of eye centers that advertise ’20/20 vision or your money back’ or ‘package’ deals. There are never any guarantees in medicine.” — FDA, Finding the Right Doctor
We don’t give discounts or free LASIK consultations because we believe that, when you are looking for the best LASIK surgeon in St. Louis, you get what you pay for. Here are some differences:
- We have invested in seven state-of-the-art diagnostic technologies available anywhere in the world, and they’re all under one roof. These technologies reveal aspects of your eyes that allow us to fully customize your treatment plan. They have also allowed Dr. Brinton to diagnose conditions that have been previously missed.
- Dr. Brinton or Dr. Poore, both refractive surgery specialists, spend an average of 30 minutes with you discussing your results and options. There is more to your vision than the anatomy of your eyes. Your lifestyle, occupation, and other considerations are all part of those needs, and those factors should be taken into consideration when deciding which procedure to recommend. This is why Dr. Brinton does not delegate this important step to a technician.
- We do LASIK plus six of its modern variations. Our consultation, called a Brinton Vision Ocular Analysis, lasts 90 minutes. Even if you are not a good candidate for any procedure, the examination and consultation you receive will give you all the information you need to care for your eye health moving forward. This is not the free LASIK screening exam you may find at a discount LASIK center in St. Louis.
Some LASIK chains offer a free LASIK exam in St. Louis, but it often provides only a minimal screening for this important procedure. The screening may involve the following:
- Minimal technology — usually one or two devices that may not be up-to-date.
- You may have no contact with your surgeon; in many cases your surgeon and surgery team fly in and fly out from another city or state for the day of surgery, without an overnight in town.
- Tasks are delegated to assistants. Your surgeon may take a minimal role or no role in ensuring the quality of your process, other than firing the laser.
These are not bad surgeons, but the process is depersonalized and is driven by a different patient care philosophy. Our approach is distinct. We invite you to come in and experience the difference for yourself.
To find out if you are a candidate for LASIK in St. Louis, or any of its six modern variations, click here to schedule your Brinton Vision Ocular Analysis online, or call us at 314.375.2020.
St. Louis LASIK surgeon Dr. Jason P. Brinton, MD is an internationally recognized specialist in the field of refractive surgery. He is a graduate of Harvard College, earned his medical doctorate from the Harvard Medical School, and is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He has been inducted to America’s Top Ophthalmologists by the Consumer Research Council of America, Leading Physicians of the World by the International Association of Healthcare Professionals, and Top Doctors in America by Castle Connolly. In 2015, he received global recognition as the recipient of the Visian ICL Young Ophthalmologist Award in Barcelona, Spain, and in 2016 was named Ocular Surgery News’ Premier Surgeon 300 Innovators in Refractive Cataract Surgery. He is a dedicated husband, father of four beautiful children, and is passionate about his life, his work, and service to others.